JumpStart: Before You Start
Before You Start is a three-hour workshop to help you become thoroughly familiar with the fundamentals of self-employment/business ownership and begin work on the transition from employee to business owner.
In the Before You Start workshop you will:
- Assess yourself personally, financially, and in relation to starting your own business.
- Evaluate your business idea.
- Learn the pros and cons of self-employment.
- Learn how to identify business opportunities.
- Learn how to make the transition from job holder to business owner.
- Identify steps and resources to make your dream a reality.
Limited financial aid is available to those who qualify and meet HUD income guidelines. You must apply for financial aid before registering for a course. To Apply for financial aid, click here.